Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC program that helps connect
families and households struggling to afford internet service.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides:
· Up to $30/month discount for broadband service;
· Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
· The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
Who is Eligible?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
· Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
· Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
· Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
· Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
· Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
· Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income program (3 Rivers does not currently have a low-income program but subscribers maintain the option to switch service offerings to another provider at any time).
Check out www.fcc.gov/ACP for a consumer FAQ and other program resources.
Two-Steps to Enroll
1. Go to www.ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application; and
2. Contact 3 Rivers at 406-467-2535 or 800-796-4567 to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.