3 Rivers Conference Bridge telephone service can help you can reduce travel expenses and improve productivity while meeting anytime from practically anywhere! Our Conference Bridge is a cost-effective alternative to face-to-face meetings with off-premise employees, suppliers, customers—anyone you do business with and for!
One Time Use
• $18 set up fee
• $10 per day
After initial set up by 3 Rivers, you will be able to use the conference bridge at any time (for a 24-hour period after set up)--just dial the conferencing telephone number provided by 3 Rivers and identify yourself by dialing participant code (also provided by 3 Rivers). Participants join the same way. Bridge participant code will be deactivated 24 hours after set-up.
• $18 one-time set up fee
• $30 unlimited monthly use
After initial set up by 3 Rivers, you will be able to use the conference bridge at any time--just dial the conferencing telephone number provided by 3 Rivers and identify yourself by dialing your moderator code (also provided by 3 Rivers).
Participants can join your conference by dialing the conferencing telephone number you provide them and then dialing the participant code provided by 3 Rivers for you to give to participants.
3 Rivers Conference Bridge features controlled by moderator
• Check details of who is currently in the conference.
• Control whether announcements are played when participants join or leave the call.
• Mute your phone so that you are not heard in the conference, mute participants’ phones so that you are the only speaker, and unmute phones as required.
• Change the volume level at which each participant’s phone is played into the conference, to balance the sound levels between different speakers.
• Lock the conference so that no further participants can join.
• Start or stop recording of the conference (storage space is limited).
• Call conference participants to invite them into the conference; this is known as outdial. You do not need to do this if a participant has the participant code and will dial in.
• Remove a participant from the conference.
• Exit the conference but leave it running so the participants can continue talking to each other (for example if you need to change to a different telephone line). This is known as soft exit.
• End the conference.